Just in time for our June Board Meeting are the highlights from our May Board Meeting! This was the first meeting with our new 2019/2020 Board.
- Ann Nicolai presented on behalf of the Abundant Communities Initiative within Beverly Heights. We would like to grow on the momentum that started last summer. Ann requested the board discuss and decide upon the next steps for this initiative, specifically creating a part-time paid position for a Neighbourhood Connector.
- The Board agreed to sponsor a hole at the 21st Annual Beverly Business Association Golf Tournament on June 14.
- A proposal was put forward for consideration of an off-leash dog park in Beverly Heights. The Board has recently heard a number of complaints from residents in regards to dogs being off leash in Floden Park, and surrounding trails. The Board agreed to continue to pursue the options for an off-leash dog park.
- Membership numbers have increased from last year!
- The Board received a request from the Northeast Zone Sports Council regarding the Floden Park baseball diamond and batting cage. Our Rink Director will follow up to determine specifics surrounding request.
Looking forward to our next meeting on June 11!