Celebrate Community! Event updated – please read
We are so excited to get our community league members together again! Join us on Saturday, September 11 starting at 2pm.
With the rise in COVID-19 cases and increased precautions in the province the Beverly Heights Community League is adjusting plans for Community League Day on Saturday September 11, 2021. The health, safety and wellness of our community league members and partners is a top priority for the Beverly Heights Community League Board when planning community events.
- The event will be outside with indoor access for washrooms only. Masks are required inside the building, and are recommended outside when interacting with others. Hand sanitizer will be provided.
- We encourage physical distancing between members of different households.
- If you are sick, are a close contact of a confirmed COVID-19 case, or have travelled outside of the country in the last two weeks we ask that you do not attend. There will be other opportunities to purchase a membership.
- Please bring chairs or a blanket to enjoy your meal and the entertainment at a safe distance from others.
- Rather than a bbq, the provided meal will be tacos-in-a-bag with pre-packaged toppings you add yourself.
- The planned kids games will not be available, however kids can play in Floden Park and chalk will be available. The Sparkle Tattoo artist will be masked and available 2-4pm.
2:00-4:30: Information Displays, Tacos in a bag
- Membership and pick up a “Welcome to Beverly” newsletter
- Programs and Social Event info and tickets
- Rundle Heights Park Redevelopment
- Abundant Community
- Civic Affairs
- Sports/Soccer Programming
- Variety Show
- Hall Rental information
- Communication, Fundraising & “100 Community Actions” – collecting non-perishable food donations for the Veterans Food Bank Association and collecting messages for “100 things we love about our community” display
- Community Engagement Team officers
- Girl Guides/Scouts
- Edmonton Covid Rapid Response Collaborative
- Edmonton Public Library
- Beacon Heights Mens Shed
- Beverly Daycare
- Beverly Historical Society
Stop at the debit machine with your “Program Fee” page to pay for your selections, then visit the display booths to collect. Selections include:
- Community League Membership
- Oktoberfest – Taste of Germany dinner tickets
- Calendar – Picassos of Beverly
- Belly Dancing (8 weeks on Wednesdays starting Oct 6)
- Mavens of Beverly membership for the year
- Rundle Heights Park Redevelopment Donation – tax receipt provided for amounts over $20.
2:30-3:30pm (weather dependent): Entertainment – “Roy Waselenchuk & Friends”
4:30-5:30 pm: Entertainment “The Parklanders” – 60’s, 70’s, 80’s country and rock
The BHCL board is closely monitoring the pandemic situation, and has added a note about precautions below.
A note from our board: After more than a year of strict COVID-19 regulations, the province has opted to remove many of the previous restrictions including mandatory masking and social distancing. As we transition to more in-person activities, the health, safety and wellness of our community league members and partners is a top priority for the Beverly Heights Community League Board when considering and planning community events.
We want to share that as a Board, we have made the decision to operate above the provincial standard and that masking will continue to be required for staff and volunteers at all community hosted events when interacting with the public. We will also continue to be conscious of physical distancing requirements and will space display tables, etc. to allow for proper distancing. Attendees will be offered hand sanitizer and encouraged to wear a mask and maintain physical distancing when in attendance. If additional provincial or municipal restrictions are in place we will, of course, comply with those as well.
We continue to be mindful that there are differing levels of comfort around transitioning back to in person events and participating in activities and welcome suggestions and feedback from our membership on how we can create a safe environment to bring our community back together.
Update August 30, 2021: With the City of Edmonton announcing that masks are required in indoor spaces, please note that Community League Day attendees will be required to mask while indoors unless seated and eating or drinking.
Wednesday Morning Coffee – currently on hold
The doors are open and the coffee is on Wednesday mornings from 10:00 – 12:00. All ages are welcome to this drop-in event.
Feel free to pop in just for a few minutes or stay for awhile and enjoy the company (and the snacks).
Some weeks we will feature guest speakers. Check our website or Facebook group for more information.
Taste of Supper Series
Join us for an evening to experience food, music, and alcohol from another country! Our first event was Taste of Romania, followed by Taste of Greece, Taste of Germany (aka Oktoberfest in Beverly). Attendees from these events left full of delicious food.
Beverly Heights Variety Show
The Variety Show serves as our community league’s major fundraiser for the year. This allows us the money to fund shortfalls in the programs we offer, helps to pay for the green shack program, allows us to have 2 skating rinks operating each winter, and maintain the wonderful facilities we have.
We run Friday and Saturday nights from mid-February until the end of March. We tell jokes, act out skits, and even sing and dance! With close to 200 volunteers we like to shock and amaze our customers with our friendly staff, quality of show, and a great evening out.
You can find out more information on the Variety Show through our website.
Community League Day
Community League Day is an annual city-wide celebration, hosted individually by each community league. The City of Edmonton is unique in its network of community leagues and this is something to celebrate.
Our 2021 Community League Day will be held on September 11, 2021. Check back for details and volunteer opportunities!
Christmas at the Hall
The Christmas season at Beverly Heights Community League starts off at the end of November with our annual Christmas Craft & Gift Show. In 2019, we had over 500 visitors! Check back at the end of the summer to find out details on how to become a vendor. We will email former vendors first before opening to new vendors.
The Merriest Little Christmas Party is held on a Sunday afternoon in December, featuring a movie afternoon in the Main Hall with a pub afternoon in the Family Centre. Make sure you stay for a special visit from Santa Claus.
New Year’s Eve/Day Celebration
Always a festive start to the new year with the Beverly Heights community. To ring in 2020, we had a party on New Year’s Eve featuring buffet dinner and dancing through the night. On New Year’s Day, we have a Wobbly Skate party at the rink.