The Beverly Heights Community League has several sources of funding for different initiatives and projects:
- Our annual membership drive is an important fundraiser. Membership fees help to offset the cost of community programs.
- We apply for grants through the City of Edmonton, the Province of Alberta and the Government of Canada.
- We host a casino every two years that is operated by our volunteers. This fundraising initiative provides the bulk of our funds for our operating budget.
- Fees from the sports teams assist in the cost of sports, such as uniforms, umpire fees, coaching clinics, etc.
- The Beverly Heights Variety Show is our largest annual fundraiser, now in its 49th season!
- We host an annual craft show.
- Additional ad-hoc fundraising events throughout the year.
Our 2019 Casino Dates have been set!
Saturday January 19 & Sunday January 20 at Century Casino Edmonton
Our casino events are a major source of our community fundraising and we are in need of volunteers to
staff our casino dates. Please sign up to volunteer for a shift (or two!) through this link.
Volunteer roles available include:
- Controls the main Cash Cage chip and cash floats
- Assisted in all areas by the Cash Cage Advisor
- Responsible for documentation of all cash/chip transfers from the main float. This information is recorded on the computer, therefore computer skills are an asset
- Some administrative experience and/or math skills are helpful in this position
- This position can be quite challenging and requires concentration and accuracy
- Transactions include cashing out chips for players and making change
- You have your own float and do not share your cash/chip float with anyone
- Cash –handling skills and being a bit street wise are definite assets
- Not a job for colour blind volunteers
- You are a chip courier (runner) for chip orders to and from the table games
- You must be able to move around the gaming floor and carry chips in their delivery racks
- This position is busy at the opening and closing times of the casino
- You will always be accompanied on your chip runs by security
Count Room Supervisor
- Assisted by the Count Room Advisor you will keep records of all the cash and ship counts
- Some administrative and math skills are very helpful
- You are not required to handle cash or chips
Count Room Staff
- You sort, count, verify and amalgamate cash from the table games drop boxes
- At least one volunteer in the Count Room should have good cash handling skills
- Volunteers should be good working with their hands