Your Community League Board met on February 12 for our monthly meeting. Some highlights of the meeting:
- additional signage for the new smoking area will be ordered and installed when it arrives. This is to ensure the hall is compliant with the new City of Edmonton smoking ordinance.
- new signs for the Family Centre and Main Hall entrances will be ordered and installed when it arrives. This is to decrease confusion on which door leads to which space.
- new neighbourhood watch signs have already been installed (S on 34th St. before 114 Ave., and S on 38th St. before 114 Ave.)
- Our January 2019 Casino Fundraiser was a success! Thank you to all the volunteers who came out to support our community. We have been confirmed for our next casino in 2021.
- Lots of events are happening over the next few months! Crystal Boyde, our current Membership Director who also sometimes wears the hat of Program Director has the following scheduled:
- Taste of Greece – April 13 @ 6:00 pm
- Mother’s Day Brunch – May 11 from 11:00 – 1:00
- Father’s Day Lunch – June 15 from 11:00 – 1:00
- See our Events page for more information.
- Tickets for the 49th Annual Variety Show are half-sold! We are the longest running community-based fundraiser in Edmonton. Please join us for a night of laughs. For tickets, phone 780-471-3600. See our Variety Show page for dates and FAQ.
- Beverly Heights will not be managing an outdoor soccer season. Anyone interested in outdoor soccer will need to register directly through EMSA North. For more information on soccer, please see our Soccer page.
- Social Media Guidelines – Our BHCL facebook group has continued to grow. As such, the Board approved a set of guidelines for the Users and Administrators of the group. You can see these posted on our facebook page.
- Unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate for us to host a Family Day Skate. We are hoping to have a skating event and memorabilia sale on March 9, but this is still weather-dependent. Will post more information when we are closer to the date. Lots of fun memorabilia for sale!
Our Annual General Meeting will be held on Tuesday, April 9 at 7:00 pm. If you are interested in learning more about what’s on in our community, or you want to volunteer your time, please mark the date on your calendar!