The Variety Show would not be able to continue without our dedicated volunteers, both from within and outside our community. If you are interested in volunteering your time, please see below for the roles that are available.
We need volunteers in four different areas of function:
Operations, Production, Services, and Promotion
Each area is critical to the success of the Variety Show and offers various volunteer roles.
- Set up Main Hall facilities prior to show – Thursday nights & Saturday mornings.
- Clean up Main Hall facilities following show – Saturday mornings & Sunday mornings.
- Prepare food for sale to patrons.
- Deliver food to patrons and volunteers.
- Ensure kitchen is well-maintained and clean.
Sound & Lighting Staff
- Run sound & lighting equipment during show (don’t worry – we will train you!)
Stage Management Staff
- Construct & maintain props.
- Open & close curtains.
- Arrange props for scene changes.
- Make sure the show runs smoothly!
- Take admission tickets at front door & hand out programs.
- Take Ukrainian dinner tickets during UK dinner nights.
- Serve patrons drinks from the bar.
- Clean tables during and after show.
50/50 & Nevada Sales Staff
- Sell 50/50 and pull-tab tickets prior to show start and during intermission break.
- Ensure all AGLC gaming rules are met.
Coat Check Staff
- Just what it sounds like 🙂
Token Booth Staff
- Sell drink tokens to patrons.
- Prepare alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for patrons.
Anyone can help promote the show, in fact, we need your help getting the word out! You can help with any of the following:
- Sharing us on social media
- Putting up Variety Show posters in areas of high foot traffic
- Handing out Variety Show business cards
- Spreading the word to friends, family, co-workers, colleagues, etc.
If you’re interested in helping, fill out our volunteer form.