Community League Day update - Saturday September 11, 2021 Beverly Heights Community Hall Green Space, 4209 111 Avenue
With the rise in COVID-19 cases and increased precautions in the province the Beverly Heights Community League is adjusting plans for Community League Day on Saturday September 11, 2021. The health, safety and wellness of our community league members and partners is a top priority for the Beverly Heights Community League Board when planning community events.
- The event will be outside with indoor access for washrooms only. Masks are required inside the building, and are recommended outside when interacting with others. Hand sanitizer will be provided.
- We encourage physical distancing between members of different households.
- If you are sick, are a close contact of a confirmed COVID-19 case, or have travelled outside of the country in the last two weeks we ask that you do not attend. There will be other opportunities to purchase a membership.
- Please bring chairs or a blanket to enjoy your meal and the entertainment at a safe distance from others.
- Rather than a bbq, the provided meal will be tacos-in-a-bag with pre-packaged toppings you add yourself.
- The planned kids games will not be available, however kids can play in Floden Park and chalk will be available. The Sparkle Tattoo artist will be masked and available 2-4pm.
2:00-4:30: Information Displays, Tacos in a bag
- Membership and pick up a “Welcome to Beverly” newsletter, door prize entry and "thanks for joining us" swag!
- Programs and Social Event info and tickets
- Rundle Heights Park Redevelopment
- Abundant Community
- Civic Affairs
- Sports/Soccer Programming
- Variety Show
- Hall Rental information
- Communication, Fundraising & “100 Community Actions” - collecting non-perishable food donations for the Veterans Food Bank Association and collecting messages for “100 things we love about our community” display
- Community Engagement Team officers
- Girl Guides/Scouts
- Edmonton Covid Rapid Response Collaborative
- Edmonton Public Library
- Beacon Heights Mens Shed
- Beverly Daycare
- Beverly Historical Society
Stop at the debit machine with your “Program Fee” page to pay for your selections, then visit the display booths to collect. Selections include:
- Community League Membership
- Oktoberfest - Taste of Germany dinner tickets
- Calendar - Picassos of Beverly
- Belly Dancing (8 weeks on Wednesdays starting Oct 6)
- Mavens of Beverly membership for the year
- Rundle Heights Park Redevelopment Donation - tax receipt provided for amounts over $20.
2:30-3:30pm (weather dependent): Entertainment - “Roy Waselenchuk & Friends”
4:30-5:30 pm: Entertainment “The Parklanders” - 60’s, 70’s, 80’s country and rock