Your Beverly Heights Community League Board met this week for our August meeting. We didn’t meet in July for the Board to enjoy summer (although summer never did make it to Edmonton this year).
- We received our Operating Grant from the City of Edmonton. Each year, we submit a grant proposal to the City for assistance with our operating needs. Thank you, City of Edmonton, for supporting Community Leagues like ours!
- Thank you to volunteers who removed an unused washroom from the rink building to allow for extra storage. Many hours went into this project, and getting ready for the winter season. Rink building looks fantastic!
- Board discussed potential maintenance items to be addressed, such as the ageing furnaces in the main hall (over 50 years old).
Upcoming Important Dates:
- September 14 – Community League Day
- September 21 – Taste of Germany
- September 29 – Floden Park Clean Up
- November 23 – 26th Annual Christmas Craft Sale
We need volunteers for our Community League Day! Roles include set-up of tables and chairs, preparing food for the BBQ, tear down of tables & chairs to prepare for the dance, and clean up after the event. If you are able to volunteer, please phone Crystal Boyde at 780-289-0995.
Looking forward to a fall filled with new & exciting programs!