Beverly Heights Community League is proud to partner with Kaizen Dojo to offer weekly karate lessons at the hall on Monday evenings. Tuition fees are $30 per month, which gives you access to unlimited classes both at Beverly Heights Community League and Thursday evening classes at Gold Bar Community League.
Our instructor, Jamie Hanlon, holds a 5th degree black belt in Okinawan Goju and a 1st degree black belt in Ryukyu Kobudo. He has been training in martial arts for over 40 years and has been instructing since 1985.
Schedule is as follows:
6:00 – 7:00 – Youth/Family Class
7:00 – 8:00 – Adult Class
8:00 – 9:00 – Kobudo Class
- Fees are paid tri-annually as follows, and will be prorated depending on month of entry:
- January – April
- May – August
- September – December
- Tuition fees:
- Individual – $120
- Family Rates (living in the same household):
- Two people – $220
- Three people – $300
- Four + people – $400
- Additional fees, paid directly to Kaizen Dojo:
- $20 annual club membership
- $40 annual Karate Alberta membership
- Note you must hold a current community league membership to register
- Youth/Family – Youth classes are designed for children 7-12 years with no former karate experience. Parents are welcome and encouraged to join and train with their child as they begin their education in this martial art.
- Adult – Our Adult classes are available to anyone 13 years and up at all skill levels from beginner to advanced and offers a focus on deeper elements of the system.
- Kobudo – Kaizen Dojo’s Okinawan Kobudo classes are available to anyone ages 13 years and up with prior karate and or martial arts experience. Our training syallabus includes bo, sai, tonfa, eku and tekko.
- Participants will require a uniform, which must be purchased through Kaizen Dojo. Prices for kids uniforms range from $48 – $55. Prices for adult uniforms range from $70 – $75. Uniform prices include patch.
- Financial support for tuition fees may be available through KidSport Edmonton or Canadian Tire Jumpstart.
- Your registration is not complete until you sign your waiver in-person.
- Fees are non-refundable.
- More questions? Check out the Kaizen Dojo webpage for more information on the program.
How to Register:
- Let us know you are interested through our online form.
- We will email you the registration forms, which must be signed in-person.
- Submit payment. We accept e-transfer, cheque, debit, or cash.